Sunday, October 7, 2007

Loop In Motion Festival 10/6/7

yesterday psychotronics played at the Market In The Loop stage for the LIM festival. we had a great time! being an improv rock band it's hard to imagine that folks that aren't musicians would "get it"- well, these folks got it. a crowd from little kids dancing to those twenty years our seniors (you guess!) bobbing heads. all were listening. they even waited for one of my loops to fade at the end of a piece to applaud. wow.

for me this is proof positive of what we've suspected all along- we would kill at "festival gigs". many strangers came up to me afterword and mentioned how refreshing our stuff was- they hadn't hear anything like it before- but they have(?)... well we play styles shown to us through the years, reflecting our individual musical histories and shine the blend back out to the listeners. hopefully it works. most times it does- and when it doesn't, we the band are the only ones to notice.

wish i had pictures to post here- anyone? there were a few video tapers out there. maybe they'll recah us at psychotronicsband.com and pass them on for your enjoyment.

the next show is November 30 at Venice Cafe'.

1 comment:

Rheayes said...

Hi, my husband and I saw you at the Loop in Motion festival and really enjoyed your set. We saw your listed influences of King Crimson and Gong on the festival website and it sounded intriguing.

I keep a concert blog at http://rheayes.blogspot.com/ and I wrote up my thoughts on the festival and your performance there.

Best wishes!
Rhea Frankel
University City, MO